Sunday, March 20, 2016

Annanix 01 - Plan

80th day of 2016.

I have an art debt for over 2 years, I really need to get this done. This art debt is a quite new challenge for me in terms of the subject is a Phoenix. I seldom do animals, so this would be a good learning opportunity.

Phoenix is also my favorite fantasy animal, there are a few variations of phoenixes, Eastern and Western ones(mainly). They both shared the same rebirth theme. I had such a grand plan to create this piece of art accompany with a video time lapse going through 4 stages of Phoenix. Egg, Chick, Fledgling and Phoenix


I actually started the Egg stage last year, before my hard disk crash. The video capture and Artrage file destroyed. It was quite disheartened. Now I am not sure whether to use Krita or Artrage for this project. Whichever way, I am not expert in those 2, I would need to play around more before I do the proper art.